Thursday, October 23, 2008

Still here, still hoping

Hi, all! I know it has been FOREVER since I have posted. Please forgive me. So much has been going on, physically and emotionally. I have been spending a lot of time with my niece and her new daughter while she was on maternity leave. I know, I know! I cannot believe I have not shared pictures of this little beauty with you. I promise to load them up asap! She really has become the light in my life right now. I have also been fighting a horrible infection all month long and finally went to the Dr. this week to find out I have a bacterial infection and am now on a round of Augmentin. HMMM, many trips to the bathroom! Can anyone relate?!

On the Vietnam front: many of my blog friend families are finally traveling to finalize their adoptions. The US Dept of State reported on their website that no new adoptions will commence until a new bilateral agreement is reached or Vietnam signs on to the Hague Convention. Our agency projects this process to at least be a year. Our agency is also being reconsidered by the Hague committee, so hopefully they will be approved. Our fingerprints will expire in Dec, so we are looking at 900 dollars to keep those current while we decide what we are going to do. I know several families that have chosen to go other routes and some that are having no choice but to wait out this moratorium with Vietnam. I will be posting soon on the other site about our options. You have to have a password to follow. I am also thinking of changing my password, as i feel I may have been too liberal with the first one.

I am really enjoying my Tues. night Bible study. Look for a post coming soon with some things I would like to share with you. It is just so relative to this adoption journey we have been on. It is too good not to share, but it will take me a while to compose on that.

I am going to be making hair bows, tutus, and the like to supplement our income. I may try to set up a website, but will at least be posting my designs here. If you have little girls and like hair bows and ponies, I am working on some designs for Christmas. I promise the prices will be reasonable. I hope to have some pics posted early next week as this is going to be my weekend project.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Mel,
I am DEFINATELY interested in some bows and stuff for Christmas. My girl has long hair and we have a hard time finding stuff we like that will stay in her hair!

Be sure to send us the new password because we do truly follow all that is goin' on.

Shalom,
Lisa

Kelli said...

Hey, Melanie. This is Kelli (Baby HC Jeffries). I still keep up with both blogs and I am pulling for you! I am still waiting it out with VN. Good luck!

Kathryn said...

Melanie - I hope if you change your password, you will send it to me. I really want to follow you on this long journey to our precious little ones.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie! Glad to see you're still hanging in! Things are going to work out for you. Even though we've changed our course, I'm still following all my Vietnam friends and keeping everyone in my prayers. Please let me know if you change your password. I definitely want to follow along!
Blessings,
Jennifer P

Tammy said...

Can't wait to see your bows. We are always looking for new bows. :)


Tammy

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

Can't wait to see your hairbows. My girls are always needing new ones.
I know you don't know me but I feel like I know you, just from your blog I can tell that your are truly an amazings person and so inspirational if you do decide to change your password may I ask if I could have it. You are in my prayers and I know that God has a plan for you and Melanie you be the best Mom.

In my prayers,
Wilma
Corbindigestivecenter@hotmail.com

Denise said...

Hi Melanie! I have been thinking about you and praying for good news from your Taiwan agency. God be with you! Please know that my prayers will continue on your behalf.
Blessings and Peace,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I have not forgotten you and I am still praying that God's plan for your family is revealed soon. I appreciate so much your faithfulness and prayers for my family while we waited to travel and I'm sticking around to see Kaylee when she comes.

You have some great ideas for at home businesses. I, too, may be looking to go back to work at least part-time next year to help pay off some of our adoption debt and am praying that if it's God's will, he'll find me some work at home, too. Good luck with your business and I can't wait to see your creations!

Kelli said...

Good luck with the business. I can't wait to see your great work! I think of you often and pray you find your path to Kaylee soon! I would love the new password so I can follow along.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better!!

Jessica and Eddie said...

Can't wait to see what you are up to. Please send me your new password. You've been on my mind these last few days.

Kelley said...

I would be interested in the bows if you are up to sending me the link. I have been following your blog for a long time, and keep hoping the best for you.