Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Getting refreshed


I am starting a new Beth Moore bible study tonight. I am looking forward to hearing what God will have to say to my heart. Being in a very vulnerable place is usually where He brings you when He really needs to speak to you. I looking forward to refreshing my mind, my spirit, and my heart. I so desperately need to be consumed in His love right now. I am at such a low point today. I am still faithful, just feeling down. I know that the fellowship of Christian ladies and prayer, and teaching of God's word is just the ticket for me right now. You see, I am so extremely busy each Sunday that I do not get to attend Sunday School or service as I am overseeing the nursery, preschool , and elementary departments. It is way too easy to get detached when you are not pouring yourself into God's word. It is time for me to come to the well and let God pour His love out on me so I can gain a new found faith, trust, and endurance for whatever lies ahead in our adoption journey. This Beth Moore study is on the fruit of the spirit. I am so looking forward to it. I plan on sharing tidbits of my study here with you so that you may be refreshed also.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I've been following you blog for a little while--although I'm unable to read your private posts.

I have done this Beth Moore study and I know that you will love it...especially now.

I'm a fellow PAP praying that someday we will be able to bring our children home.

God Bless.

If I can have your password, my email address is:
greengrassgrowsblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Stacy said...

Hi Melanie,
Your in my thoughts. I will be getting your package in the mail sometime this week. I will email you when I do so you can watch for it! Hang in there Melanie! I know what you mean, I am also having a very down day and they are hard. It was a comfort to come and read your blog today, so Thank You. I also start a bible study at church this week, although it's not Beth Moore I am hoping it will be a good thing for me. I hope your study and fellowship time was great. I will continue praying for you all.
Stacy

The Ben Show said...

Sounds like a very nice idea. I'll be checking in to see what you share.