Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sharing my study- Influence

Today's treasure: " Strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to reamin true to the faith. 'We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God' they said" Acts 14:22. Wow, how is that for being relevant? And this was just the first verse of study! Today's study focused on the power of influence and why we need to stay rooted in the Holy Spirit. Did you know that we can possess the very character of Christ? You have to grant God an all-access pass to every part of your life and when you do you will never be the same. Think with me if you will about this. God entrusted women with the most wonderful and terrible gift- the power of influence. Think about Eve in the Garden? Why did the serpent approach her and not Adam? Think about the power of feminine influence. We are the bearer of children, women overwhelmingly staff schools, MDOs, daycares, and Sunday Schools. With the divorce rate up, mothers are the primary influence in children's lives. When we use our influence at best- we encourage, nurture, teach, evangelize, and disciple others. At the worst- our influence can cripple and kill. The line becomes very fine between the two. God exhorts us to have gentle and quiet spirits, meaning we need to think before we speak and act. These warnings in scripture are no provided becasue we are so lowly, but because we possess such an awesome gift.
How do you use your gift of influence in your home, at work, and in your church? Learning to live by the Spirit can refine our influence to be used in positive ways and gentle ways. Please pray that God will help you to wield your influence ONLY under the authority of the Holy Spirit who dwells within you!

{Some statements are taken directly from my study guide and some are my wording.}
Please let me know if you enjoy me sharing these tidbits or not. I just love studying the fruit of the spirit because it is relevant for every day living. And it also helps me study when I share a small portion with you. So speak up! If you don't care for it, I won't share quite as much! But I hope it helps someone out there! I will tell you that this particular study is available for online study and www.lifeway.com if you would like to watch Beth Moore and download the study guides. After two days, I am already feeling refreshed.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading along, and am glad you're feeling refreshed.

Jessica and Eddie said...

I'm thankful you are sharing. I look forward to more post. I'm thinking I need to get one of the study guides. Hope you have a good weekend.
Jessica

Jessica and Eddie said...

I'm thankful you are sharing. I look forward to more post. I'm thinking I need to get one of the study guides. Hope you have a good weekend.
Jessica

Stacy said...

Hi Melanie,
I am also glad you are sharing! It is refreshing and provides hope! You are using your "influence" in a wonderful way and it touches your blog readers, so THANK YOU.
Stacy