Monday, August 11, 2008

God is amazing!

God has been making Himself evident in the past few days! I have seen one dear family finally become a family of three with their son after 15 weeks of prayer. Now, my friends, the Leonards, to whom I just asked for prayer last night, woke up to their approval this morning! Can you believe it? They are waiting on their G & R. God is answering my prayers one by one. All the families that I have become close with are all being united with their children. This is so fantastic.

Now, I have two friends, Melissa and Tracy that are both needing their official DIA letter before the cutoff date! I also have a dear friend Lori who is #2 on her agency's list for referral and they are hoping for their referral by the cutoff. So this new set of prayers is to make everything official for these families so ensure these babies find their way home!

I don't ask for a lot of prayer for Dwayne and I, but God is working right now. You will have to go here to learn more. Just keep us in your prayers that we are listening to God and following the direction He would have us go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

I know you do not know who I am but I feel like I know you. I have been following your story for quite some time now. My friend's sister recently adopted from China so I started following your story from Journey To Me. You are such an inspiration and so uplifting but above all so faithful. So many people by now would be asking why God, but not you. You keep your faith and keep praying because you know that God has a plan for you. I believe with all my heart that your prayers will be answered. Because with God all things are possible. I would love to keep following your story if you will allow me to. I think of you and your husband quite often and I always keep you in my prayers. I know that one day your dream will come true. You will be the Mother that children only dream of having and your daughter will be so loved.

In my prayers,
Wilma

Email:
corbindigestivecenter@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,

I've been following your blog for awhile. I don't have my own blog, but I would be interested in following your journey (semcb07@yahoo.com). We started in Vietnam as well and have switched to China. It has been such a difficult journey! I noticed that you are considering Taiwan. Please, please, please research it very carefully before jumping in. I know you have been through so very much already, and I would hate to see you go through even more. We briefly looked into it (because the China wait is sooo long), but found that the wait is getting up to several years, people had significant problems, had difficulties with their agencies, and were unable to get court approval to adopt in Taiwan (they did not like the husband's beard?!) Apparently, adopting from there can be very difficult, and is getting worse. I do not recall where I had seen this, perhaps on the adoption agency research yahoo group or chinaadopttalk.com (which has forums for other adoption programs). Please consider checking it out. International adoption is so bumpy right now. I pray that it gets better soon, and that you find your child wherever she (or he, depending on what you decide) may be! Will be praying for you.

All the best,
Sarah

Sandra & Steve said...

Hi, have been following your blog and delurked a number of posts ago...originally wasn't going to ask for your password but to be honest, I kinda of connected with you, you have a good voice and a great heart and I would love to stay in touch via blogland if you feel comfortable with sharing. My husband and I are first time, over forty parents of a little girl from VN, home since April of this year. Email me the password if you feel comfortable doing so...and if you would like I would also send you and invite to my password protected blog, a bit dull, but nice to keep in touch if you are so inclined. Take care!