Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sweet baby


My heart was really broken tonight to watch a 15 year old walk into my office at church with her new 2 month old baby. This baby was so precious, the mother so young. I scooped that little baby up and she just snuggled me close. Very content. I asked if I could take care of her during church and the mother immediately agreed so she could go and sit with all the youth that she had not seen in a long time. For 66 minutes I was in pure heaven. This little tiny baby reached up and wrapped her tiny little hand around my pinkie finger as I was feeding her a bottle. Dwayne was sitting beside me and happened to look over and see her holding my hand and he quietly shed tears. Sitting there, holding her in my arms, listening to her sweet little sighs, and patting her little diaper bottom, my eyes welled up with tears for this moment to be my own. I felt in this time somehow a great peace came over me that Kaylee was somewhere in the near future. That I would have my own moment soon.

7 comments:

Major Mom said...

My heart hurts for you and that mom both. Why God works the way He does is such a mystery. Not for us to understand...She is out there momma.

Tammy said...

Oh Melanie, my hearrt aches for you. I truly believe one day very soon you will be holding YOUR daughter in your arms. (((HUGS)))

Casey and Carra said...

My heart hurts for you, I know that is one of the hardest things to go through and understand. Sometimes I don't understand it all, but I know our girls are out there. I am glad that you are my friend and we have met down this road. I don't know what I would do with out you.

Kelli said...

My heart is breaking just thinking about this. Your road to Kaylee has been longer and more treacherous than most, but you WILL have your moment and I hope it is very soon.

The Ben Show said...

(((hugs)))) I'm sorry. Glad for the beautiful moment but sorry it was so bittersweet. Why do some have to wait so long to do what comes most natural? You will be with your little one soon, I just know it.

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

You are such an amazing person. I wish I was as patient and understanding as you are.

In my prayers,
Wilma

Anonymous said...

How hard that must have been. My heart just aches for you. I do believe Kaylee is just around the corner, it's just a matter of how long it's going to take to walk down the street! I'm hoping you've already done most of the leg work and you'll be holding your own baby soon.

Congratulations on the birth of your great-niece! She's a beauty.