Monday, April 28, 2008

634 days and still wishing, praying, and hoping

634 Days we have been waiting to just have this door closed? I am praying so hard that God will reveal Himself to us. We started this journey in 2006 with excitment and confidence that we would complete this journey with a daughter. I have never prayed so much for something as I have prayed this weekend. We are choosing to stay put for right now and see what God will do. There are moments of peace and dreaming, then moments of doubt and fear. My heart is still telling me that she is in Vietnam. I will say that I think the media has misreported some facts and I for one am only going to take heed in what Children's Hope informs us of. It is their committment to us to provide us with factual information and I think they have done a great job so far with immediate responses to rumors, etc. God can work a miracle for us in four months, even if it is on Aug. 31. I am praying so hard that we may receive our referral. We are so close and have waited for so long. I feel we work with a very ethical agency and when we do get our referral, it will be on the up and up. I am just asking for unity in prayer for all the waiting families. My heart is aching for this child. My tears are welling every moment. I have had this child in my mind and heart for two years now. Maybe our miracle will come.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a student in US from Vietnam and has been praying for your family every night. I hope sweet Kaylee will come home soon and I can't wait to follow your journal to Vietnam :) . God bless!

Tuyen

Jessica and Eddie said...

Melanie,
Im praying very hard for a change. I know how hard it must be for you. You are so close and right now it just seems out of reach. We can continue to pray b/c God does miracles. We just need to trust Him. Im praying for your family.

Anonymous said...

Melanie: If I could grant you one wish, it would be that you get your little girl Kaylee. I pray for you every night. We have to fully trust God and I know you do. You will get your little girl. I know it in my heart. You will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Doug and I still want to adopt from Vietnam. We are waiting to see what happens. I do believe that things will work out.

Keep the faith!

Regina

Kelli said...

Plese know I am praying for you and for Kaylee. You have been at this for SO long, I can't help but believe something may happen in the next 4 months. As someone told me- 4 months is a long time and God does have a child for you.

Dawn said...

Melanie, We left the VN prg. 3 wks ago, with CHI, but I keep up with everyones blogs. You are correct in staying where you are and trusting CHI they are a very truthful and ethical agency. You still have a good chance in getting Kaylee; stay strong and we will be praying for you and all the other PAP's waiting.

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

Girl--grab your survival kit that you blogged about awhile back...eat the chocolate, use the kleenex, cry your eyes out, take a nap and then pray some more. You are strong. You are faithful. God is good. Kaylee will come to you.

And...add a small pillow to the survival kit...when you're mad/sad you can scream into it or punch it...then when you're exhausted from crying you can nap on it.

I don't "know" you, but I absolutely know your heart and soul. You are beautiful. Kaylee will come to you!

~Conni

Hiking Mama said...

I am praying for you and Kaylee EVERY NIGHT. I am praying for good news for all the waiting families. I am praying that God grants you peace in this turbulent time. You are always in my thoughts...

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am still praying for you. I think you can trust Children's Hope but even more than that....you can trust God!

Sarah said...

stopping by to say hi... saying a prayer for you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Melanie: I wanted to let you know that while I am gone on vacation, I will keep you both in my prayers. I know in my heart you will have Kaylee soon.

Regina

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I know your heart is broken...but I think God has put us through this to TRUST IN HIM COMPLETELY!!! 100% My mom reminded me when I have a mini-meltdown this week that "You can't say all along this is a God thing and when things go wrong...not still believe God is ALL over it!!" She is right! God WILL get you through this and whatever the out come is you have to know that it is still a God thing and He wants us to have the desires of our hearts! Kaylee will be home soon, just stay strong, and hang in there!! There are people ALL over the world sending up prayers for you and your family!! God bless, Kellie (Kenleigh Grace's momma)