Friday, April 4, 2008

Referrals and a little hope

Our agency recieved two more referrals, boy boys under 12 months! I know the families have got to be ecstatic! I am truly happy that there has been some hope the past few weeks. We are still holding at number 10 since the referrals were boys. We have also been instructed to go ahead and notarize, certify, and authenticate our updated 171-h. So, I am off to paperchase again on Monday. Go ole Fed Ex will be employed again, along with the Assistant Stork. This is just one step closer to our little girl. Our agency had a meeting with an official from DIA and they are very hopeful that dossiers will be allowed to be submitted until Sept. 1. I am praying this is true for my friends Carra and Casey who we hope will be able to submit their dossier for sweet baby Miya by then. We have had no further word on the DNA procedure, but we do know that it only applies to babies whose birth parents are known. So this procedure will not affect all families.

My heart is warm and full of wonderful thoughts for my daughter. I know she is waiting for me somewhere in Vietnam. How ever long it takes, we will be here waiting for her. I just cannot fathom what it is going to be like to be someone's mommy. I know what I THINK it means, but I guess I have no idea what emotions I will discover the day that little face is presented to me. I do know that she means the world to me already and we talk about her so much that sometimes I forget she is not here yet. I find myself saying all the time "If Kaylee was here, ________". Here are some of the fill-in the blanks:
  • she would be sitting at the end of the table throwing food!
  • I would have someone to snuggle on damp rainy days.
  • we would be exploring the zoo and finding momma's favorite animal, the polar bear.
  • she would make all my heartaches go away
  • she would be the sunshine on my cloudy days
  • we would be going to meet Aunt Laura and Caroline, Aunt Carra and Uncle Casey, our adoption buddies
  • I would have all these cute pictures of Kaylee up on my blog!
  • I would be on my knees thanking my Father above for the most precious gracious gift for which I have waited all my life

If Kaylee was here, I would finally know what it is like to be a mommy.

4 comments:

Jessica and Eddie said...

The referrals were great news!!!

Kathryn said...

These referrals are really just what we needed. Of course, you would have preferred they be girls, but at least we have some referrals rolling in!

Beth said...

It sounds like things are starting to move again. Your day is coming.... :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will keep my fingers and toes crossed. This is wonderful news. Doug and I will keep you three in our prayers.

Regina