Friday, April 25, 2008

It is not the size of the mountain....


Wow, I am truly amazed at the the love of God poured out on us today from the friends we have made on this journey. Today has probably been the hardest day so far in this journey. It has almost been a given that we had nothing to worry about since we are so close to getting our referral, but God in His loving goodness, has brought me back to reality. There are still alot of things I don't understand in regard to the two governments, but I have resolved today, after two boxes of Kleenex, nose spray, and chocolate (remember that survival kit I encouraged you to make? Today was an opportune time to put it to use!) to put my whole trust in my Savior to lead us to our daughter. My email box has been flooded today with so many encouraging words, most from families waiting for a referral just like us. I guess it just makes it more real when you are actually working under a deadline. I know that God can perform great miracles in four months, after all, it only took Him ONE day to create the sun and the moon, and in ONE day He made all the animals of the earth, and in ONE day He created us.


It is not the size of the mountain, but the strength of the mountain mover that matters. "Behold, I am Lord. Is anything too difficult for me?" Jeremiah 32:27.


God is amazing. All day today I have been looking for answers, for a reason He would have us endure this trial, this uncertainty. Then I came upon a few encouraging words.


It is only though the hard times that we often rediscover that our hearts can only be comforted by the One who invites us to come to Him.~Roy Lessin


God does allow us to edure trials and heartaches so that we will call out to Him for help in our time of desperation. It is when our vision is clouded by our circumstances that God is able to see clearly. When our understanding is shadowed by our questions, He knows perfectly. And when our path is shaded by uncertainty, God leads faithfully. God writes every detail of our lives with love, He has it planned. We have to sit back and let God work His plan. This in itself takes faith and trust. He wants us to call upon His mercies in our time of need. He cries our tears and hears our prayers, but it is in His time only that things will come together. I am reminded of a verse in Psalms that says " When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I" Psalms 61:2 We cannot let the strorms of life overwhelm us, rather we need to be overwhelmed by God's love and mercies. There is hope in prayer, but there is power in the promise of prayer. Sometimes He wants us to get on our knees with our faces to His feet and petition Him for His power and His grace. I believe God is calling us to do this now. There is something so reverent about falling on our knees before the Most High God and asking for His power and glory and grace in something He is clearly in control of. He already knows what is in our hearts, but He wants us to put it to words in His name for what we would have Him to do. I will be on my knees, in Kaylee's room, crying out to My God to provide healing to my aching heart. He rewards those who are faithful. But it is often the faithful who are tested through trials to bring us more strength and more faith. He loves us, He created us, it is His desire to pour out His love on us. His mercies come each and every morning along with the trials and tribulations. He is a just and loving God and I honestly do not think it is His desire for His children to hurt. It is His desire for us to trust Him with our whole being and know that He is God. My heart is at peace now, not to say the peace has come after a day full of tears and questions and doubt, but through the love and encouragement of the people He has placed in my life, I know He is telling us to hold on. I am not giving up on Kaylee. I will not abandon my daughter. I trust God to lead us to her.


"Whatever you are facing, He knows how you feel. When you turn to Him for help, He runs to you to help. Yours is the hand He loves to hold, the same hand that touched the needy on His first journey to Earth will touch your cheeks and shoulder your burden."~Max Lucado


My Father God,

My heart is heavy and yearning for answers only You can give. We do not understand the reason for all the uncertainties surrounding the Vietnam adoptions right now. Help us, Lord, to trust only in You for comfort and guidance. Yours is the hand that created every living thing. Yours is the hand that calmed the raging sea, please, Lord calm our raging hearts. Lord, our prayer is not only for us, but for all the precious children that are waiting and needing families to care for them. These children need families. We are waiting Lord for You to scoop up these children and place them specifically into the hearts of the families predestined to love them and care for them. You are Almighty God, Abba Father, we cry out to You. Please hear our prayers, Lord. We need you to intervene on our behalf. Show us the way, Lord. Your mercies are beautiful, You are beautiful. Even in the valleys, Lord, You are faithful and true. We know Lord that You will carry us through this trial. Help us Lord to keep our focus on You. Your almighty hand is over our hearts. We lay it down at Your feet Lord. Please bring us peace. We love you and thank you for what You are going to do. Amen

4 comments:

Casey and Carra said...

Mel,

Hang in there we will cross over this moutain in due time. I just know it. Our girls need us and I know they will come home. love ya Carra

Beth said...

Melanie, You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that you are able to get some answers soon, and continue to have the strength to get you through this journey.
Love, Beth

Stacy said...

Melanie,

I've been following your journey to Kaylee and my heart is so heavy for you, but I also am trusting and believing God will bring your family to Kaylee in His timing. I am a prospective adoptive parent and your blog and your faith is such an inspiration to me. I will be praying for you and for Kaylee.

Blessings,
Stacy

Jessica and Eddie said...

Just wanted you to know you have been in my thoughts and prayers.