Sunday, June 8, 2008

A bright new day

Even the happiest of times in life must be coupled with sadness. Without the sadness we would not know the joy. I am choosing to allow myself the sadness when I need it, but not to dwell on it or let it consume me. I have so much to be thankful for, not only in this adoption journey, but in life itself. I appreciate and am so thankful for all my blogging buddies who continually send me words of encouragement. You would think that the closer you get to the referral, the easier it would be to wait. But I believe it is harder. Not every referral moves you up closer to the top of the list and sometimes it is just that little bit of positive movement that keeps your faith strong and spirits up. So, I am not going to "live" for the weekly updates anymore. I am just going to take them as they come, rejoice with the families that are finally matched with their children, and pray that when God decides that Kaylee is ready for us, it will finally be our turn.

I have so many dear friends whose hearts are aching just like mine for us to get our referral. I love you guys so much. Thank you for your many heartfelt prayers on our behalf. Our hope is that there will be an agreement reached soon between the two governments so the orphans of Vietnam can continue to find forever families.


I had recently been going through the pictures on my computer and ran across this one of when I made Kaylee into an M & M. It is really fun and you should do it yourself. Just go to http://www.becomeanmm.com/ . It is too funny!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Hang in there- you are an inspiration to many of us! Hope you hear about Kaylee soon.

Jessica and Eddie said...

Hey Mel-
Keep holding on to hope and faith. I know God will bless you with your little Kaylee. I think of you guys everyday. Im hoping and praying with you.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you and wanting to say thanks for your prayers and sweet comments. I'm encouraged by all the VN letter writing going on these last few days. I'm feeling hopeful and hoping you are, too!