Monday, June 23, 2008

The mountain is starting to move

Yippee! Things are moving in Congress! I have never been much of a political person, but I am loving me some Congressmen signing the "Child's Right Campaign." Obviously this is attributed to ALL of you who have been calling and emailing and urging them to support these precious orphans. The statement below is quoted in full from the JCICS website.


"Joint Council is pleased to announce that the letter from the Congressional Coalition on Adoption to Secretary Rice regarding intercountry adoption and child protection in Vietnam has received over 130 Congressional signatures.
Given the visit to the United States by the Prime Minister of Vietnam over the next few days, it would greatly benefit our collective effort if additional calls to Members of Congress were made immediately.
While many families and adoption service providers are not directly involved with Vietnam, we urge all families and service providers to participate in A Child’s Right Campaign by calling your Congressional Senators and Representatives today!
Please take a moment now and contact your Congressional Senators and Representatives and ask if they have signed the Congressional Coalition on Adoption (CCA) letter to Secretary Rice. If they have, please thank them for their support. If not, please ask that the Senator or Representative add their support and signature to this important letter."


So, as you can see reported here that the Prime Minister of Vietnam is visiting here the next few days. There needs to be some buzzing around Congress and the White House on this issue while he is here. So, once again, PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES! We should all have the numbers memorized by now! Please be sure to thank them if they did sign, and ask them for their support if they have not signed yet. If we could get them all to sign, then it would be a slam dunk! I am just feeling all positive and uppity with the prospect of things continuing. We are starting to climb to the top of the mountain!

Although, however, I am setting aside this Wednesday as a day of prayer and fasting to seek God's face in specific matters in our adoption. I am also going to lift up some other very dear families that are going through some tough times right now in their waiting. I would like to invite anyone to participate with me that day. God's word says in Matthew 18:19 "Again, I tell you, if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven...". I already have one dear friend, who is also adopting and found out that they are #8 on their agency's list (yay, Lori!), who is going to join me in prayer. If you are not a waiting PAP, you could pray for other families that are waiting to travel or waiting for referral. We need to pray for the current situation in Vietnam to be resolved so that we can all move on to a bright future again. Truly God has planned it, truly He WILL do it!

Be sure to hop on over to check in on Darby and Lyla! They have FINALLY met their mommy and daddy and they are simpling adorable. Again, so refreshing to see families coming together. I so want Phoebe, Eli, Sam and Eli, and River to be united with their parents. Come on, approvals, let's get moving!

Oh, my heart is just overflowing with such joy when families move closer to their babies. Each family's situation is unique and individual. Even though we have been waiting a tremendous amount of time, God is in control of EVERYTHING, and when He chooses to bring families together, it is such a joyous time. I know that God is working on our little miracle and when it is time for it to be revealed, WOW IS IT EVER GOING TO BE SO AWESOME! I have tried to truly imagine how I am going to feel when we get "THE CALL" or what I will be doing exactly! Hey, how about some fun? If you have recieved "THE CALL" how did you feel, what did you say or were you speechless, and what ordinary thing were you doing when the phone rang? I just thing it would be fun to find out!

6 comments:

Mark & Kris said...

I'll join you Wednesday.

Tracy said...

I plan to join you on Wednesday and to let the others on the Vietnam forum for my agency know so that they might join as well.

Hiking Mama said...

Ha! When I got "the call" I was in the middle of something very important at work. I actually missed the call the first time around. Then, once I finally was able to answer "the call," I was speechless. I was speechless and couldn't utter a single word. My poor coworkers were just staring at me and had no idea what was going on. I couldn't shed a single tear....I was in total shock. That entire day was a blur, a wonderful, shocking blur! It was totally not how I envisioned it happening. I didn't react the way I thought I would either. I think it's because we didn't expect a referral for many, many more months. Total shocker!

Can't wait to hear your story about the call...I'm hoping it happens very soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the JCICS news! I'm behind on my reading, so I appreciate the updates. I'll get on the horn.

We never made it to 'the call,' but I know how exciting it was to pop open that file for the first time. Amazing. Overwhelming. Joyful. Scary. Wonderful. I can't wait for yours!

Allison said...

I am joining you in praying for all of our families! Thank you for sharing the verse from the book of Matthew. It is very comforting!

When I received 'The Call" I was at school with my kindergartners. We were in the middle of singing an alphabet song. When the phone rang, I started shaking as I just had a feeling it was Diana from the Chicago office. When I picked up the phone I got tears in my eyes as soon as Diana said, We have a little boy for you! I clicked on my email that second and saw his little face! My kindergartners were staring at me in disbelief. They had no idea what was wrong. The rest of the day was a complete blurr!

Beth said...

Melanie, it's so good to hear you so excited!! Katie and I will join you in prayer tomorrow.
I was at work when I got "the call". I was expecting it because I knew referrals were in. However, for whatever reason my phone (at my desk) went out!! AAAHHH!!!! My husband called me cell phone and said, "Call the agency, they're trying to reach you!" So, I did and they were waiting for me to call. - He didn't take the call because he wanted me to be the one. Isn't that sweet. :)