Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Embracing the future with renewed hope

I have been SO overwhelmed with the outpouring of encouragement and love from all my readers. I had no idea how many people were reading and I am humbled at knowing how much encouragement everyone finds here. I have spent all weekend praying and seeking peace from God. I can say that I am at a place in my heart and mind right now that is very peaceful. Just call it a gut feeling, intuition, or divine promise, but I feel as if things are going to turn around with this program. I have no inside track on anything, just a feeling of peace and hope. A very dear friend of mine asked me exactly where my heart was in this process and here was my response to her. When we started this whole adoption journey in 2003, it was only after 10 years of infertility. We were led to domestic adoption after much prayer and searching for a feasible way of starting a family. After three years of no birth mother finding us suitable for her child or willing to allow us a closed adoption, we fasted and prayed to find out what God's plan may be for us now. That is when we were turned to international adoption, and to Children's Hope after an adoption special on The Learning Channel. I find it no mistake that God did not lead us on this journey until the year that Vietnam adoptions were open again. It took us three years to even really accept the fact that biological children were not in the immediate future and I grieved terribly for that. I was ready for something fresh and new, thus Vietnam adoption. My heart has never known a love of a faceless child like it knows right now. This child is meant to be with us, we just have to hold on a little longer. Now, I am not saying that there is a possiblity that God may lead us down another turn, but for now there is peace to wait for her to come from Vietnam. If we are faced with a total shutdown or enevitable wait after Sept. 1, it will be up to God to show us what we are to do. I have total faith in His guidance. I have total trust in His plans for us.
Another dear friend told me "not to tie a knot and hold on, but to hold on to God". and that is exactly what I am going to do. I am going to set aside a day of fasting and prayer next week that God would confirm to us what we are to do. I have peace now, but the confirmation will make the peace even better.

It is my understanding that there are several advocates in Vietnam today fighting for the "Child's Right Campaign for Vietnam". Maybe positive things will come from that. You can find more information on that at http://www.jcics.org/Vietnam.htm

Moreover than us getting our referral for Kaylee, my heart aches so much for those waiting and waiting for their 1-600 approvals so they can travel to get their babies. You know who you are and you know I am praying for you. You will bring my heart such joy when you are able to hold your children in your arms for the first time. To you I offer a prayer of peace and comfort to hold on and let God work these miracles out. I know that none of us signed on for this kind of wait or circumstance, but for the sake of our children, we are holding on.
As you can see, the verdict is in and I will keep posting. Thank you for all your comments and email of encouragement. Even those of us who are mostly strong and encouraging often need encouragement from others to keep going forward. For Kaylee I am going forward. Maybe, just maybe, it won't be much longer until we see her face.

3 comments:

Casey and Carra said...

You are exactly right my dear friend. I believe deep down in my heart that Kaylee will come home from Vn. I am not giving up on that and that VN won't shut down. Hang in there sis!! Carra

Ann said...

We are in this exact spot/position for a "reason", there is a reason why we need to fight to keep Vietnan open, we were the group of PAP's choosen for this task. If you don't see this now, you will after your daughter is home with you. Our first adoption was in the middle of a SARS outbreak in China, if we were afraid of the unknowns, we would not have our daughter today.

Anonymous said...

We have that same peace as well - we know this is where we are supposed to be for now. We're hanging in to see what Sept 1 will bring. Maybe we'll be led down another road, only God knows, but for now we're kicking our heels in! I continue to pray that sweet Kaylee will be coming home to you soon. Blessings to everyone, Jennifer P.