Friday, July 11, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

We are back, everyone! Refreshed, renewed, and TIRED! We did not sleep well because everytime you turned over in the bed it squeaked! I have an unpacked suitcase on the couch, shopping bags on the floor, stack of mail to go through, and a HUGE pile of laundry to do! Going on vacation is hard work when you come back! Oh, and my babies were so excited to see me when we picked them up, they left a little present on the lobby floor of the vet's office. Sorry, Dr. Lisa and Doc! Thank you for taking such good care of my babies, though! They look fat! I wonder just how many special treats they were given? HMMMMM?

Being away this week, away from the everyday worries and schedules, has really brought Dwayne and I to a new level in our marriage. We prayed together every night for Kaylee. She is going to be the absolute love of our lives. I am not even sure yet what kind of love it is going to be. I have never experienced a mother-child love and can't even imagine the depth of it. I know how much I love her already, but what am I going to feel when I actually see this little peanut's face? I am sure that will be a whole post, hopefully some day real soon.

On the Vietnam adoption front, thank you so much for the calls to your Senators and Congressmen. Both of my senators and my congresswoman signed the letter to Condelezza Rice. The letter recieved many signatures. You can read the letter and the signatures here. I hope it is enough to make an impact on the decision to allow adoptions to continue in Vietnam. There is a Children's Hope family in travel right now to pick up their son, Eli. Please keep them in your prayers. Allison said she was going to kiss all the baby girls for me in case one of them was Kaylee! hehehehehe! Our agency did not receive any new referrals this week, but expect some soon. Come on, baby girl referrals!

I know I have asked for prayers for these families before, but please lift up the Leonards and the Biehoffers in prayer. They are having to wait ridiculous amounts of time for their approval. The Biehoffers are waiting on their travel approval to get River and the Leonards are waiting to file their 1-600. These families have done their fair share of waiting. Please pray that they will get the approvals they are longing for! One thing I have been thinking about and especially when I think of these two families is, once we do finally reach the top of our mountains, we can look back at the valleys and see all the faith, hope, courage, tears, prayers, and strength that was laid down for our feet to walk on. God is good and He is so faithful to His children. He promises never to leave us in our most vulnerable times, He promises hope for the future, and He promises to grant the desires of our hearts if we put our delight in Him. Gina and Lauren, God is not going to let you down. Each day of waiting brings a stronger faith. He is true, He is in control. Hold on to His promises, be faithful, and soon your children will be home.

As soon as I find the USB cord, I will post about my favorite parts of our trip and all the fun we had. Oh, by the way, Miss Kaylee girl racked up on her some clothes, with her Daddy's blessings!!!

1 comment:

Casey and Carra said...

I am so happy you made it home safely. I can't wait to see what you found for Kaylee. Talk to you soon my friend.

Carra Mae