Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In a quiet place

My heart is in a very quite place tonight. My mind has really been focused on Kaylee lately. We are approaching our two year mark in August on waiting for our referral. Things in the Vietnam adoption world has been very, very quiet. Although I am feeling peaceful, sometime my mind does wonder what we will do if we do not make the September deadline. I am trying to stay focused on the fact that the feedback from the letter send to Condelezza Rice was positive and that there is great hope for referrals to continue after September 1. But the really human side of me is fighting with a few doubts. Now don't get me wrong, I am not giving up on Kaylee. In fact, we already have an alternate plan ready to go if the program should shut down indefinitely. You would think that the closer it gets to the deadline, that there would be a little more communication on the part of USCIS and our agency. Oh, I love our agency, I just feel like there has not been as much communication between our local office and our case. I guess I feel like we just have not had the follow up that we should be getting. We do get weekly updates from the Vietnam director at the home office but I am not really feeling the personal contact that we initially experienced when we we at the start of the program. I have figured out though, that every family preceeding us (families 1-8) are all asking for infant girls. I am not sure of the age ranges, but more than likely there is going to have to be 8 infant girl referrals before we receive ours. This is why we may not make the deadline. I believe that it has been about 3 months or so since our agency has received a healthy infant female referral. I know, however, that God is control of all of this. Dwayne and I pray every single night without fail that He would bring her to us. But, if an interim agreement is not reached and dossiers are returned come Sept 1 and we are still without a referral, we are just going to have to ask God to guide us down the path He wants us to go.

I am really enjoying getting my AVON business started. Three of you have been to my store and placed and order with me! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Who knows, you might receive little goodies from me! I know I sent out some Grand Opening announcements to those of you whose email address I had. If you did not get it and you would like to be on my email list for Avon specials, etc. you can leave me a message or email me at mmcculleyavon@comcast.net or you can go to my online store ( the link is on the top of my sidebar) and register and you will be automatically added to my address book. I am really loving it and the products are just wonderful. This is just what I need to feel important again after leaving my job in 2006 because I thought my new job was going to be being a mommy.

You know it is amazing at the things God will reveal to you when you dedicate a day to Him to simply pray and ask for His loving hand to guide your steps. In the past few weeks amazing things have happened in our marriage. I prayed to God that through this adoption journey He would bring Dwayne and I closer than we have ever been: last week we went on our first vacation in 15 years and renewed our marriage. We have started praying together every night for Kaylee and for God's graces and other things that are going on in our family. I prayed to God that there would be a resolution in the agreement between Vietnam and the US: We have received reports that there was a good response from Congress to the letter submitted to the Department of State. I prayed to God that the families that have been waiting so long to travel would finally receive their approvals: two of the four families I have been praying for recieved approval last week to travel. He is listening. There are many other requests I have made of Him and when He chooses to act upon them He will. I am going to have another day of fasting and prayer one day next week. I will be sure to post the day for any of you who would be interested in participating. I do believe God loves to hear multiple prayers.

Our weekly update will not come out until Friday this week. I would love to say that I feel like we will move to spot number 8 or maybe even 7 but I am not going to get my hopes up on that. Check back tomorrow because I will let you know and if we do move on our spot, I am sure you will have no problem hearing me scream with excitement.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Right there with ya! feeling thoses highs and lows, hoping, praying,,,

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started with the communication thing. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Your faith and trust is obviously unshakeable. I wish I could say the same about mine. I can't find solid ground. Thanks for your prayers.

Hiking Mama said...

I second what Gina said...your faith and trust is amazing. I, on the other hand, am struggling more than I ever have in my life.

I'm hoping and praying for more referrals. Hopefully tomorrow will be a very good day.

Kathy Irwin said...

Praying for you Melanie. We are in the same position as you all....waiting and wondering. But funny, I too have a peace. The LORD is leading us to our girls...we just have to endure the bends in the road if He feels it is best. He never drops us, just redirects us sometimes.
Kathy

Casey and Carra said...

Tears are rolling down right now. Mel I want so badly for Kaylee to come home to you now. I just love you and Dwayne so much and want you to have your baby girl home. Praying for you Carra