Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We are having a blast!

Hey, all! Just wanted to give you a quick shout to say that we are having a FAB-U-LOUS time!

We have eaten out ALL the time( yay, me! But I think that means two weeks of straight home cooking!), walked up a gazillion hills( I mean there ain't no flat land around here!), sweated a gallon of water, and laughed a million gazillion times! This has been the best medicine for us. Tomorrow is our last day and we are hitting the malls! Yep, I am making Dwayne shop! (this is SO not his thing!) But somehow when I say, "I want to go see what I can find for Kaylee" he kinda lights up! Hey, I am just breaking him in for all that great shopping we will be doing WITH Kaylee in Vietnam. Our hotel is great( we are on the very end of the hall in a suite and it is some kinda quiet! however, when I want some ice it is ALLLLLLL the way down at the complete other end! ) and Dwayne has really been wonderful. He is not a very patient person by nature and if you have ever been to Branson you know the main drag is only one lane both ways, and they only time we have really run into congestion is after all the night shows let out. He has been great! Almost wrecked the car making a u-turn, but otherwise great!



We are hitting th outlet mall, the Krispy Kream store, going to play putt putt, and go see one more show tomorrow night before heading home on Thurs. Thursday morning we are going to skip breakfast and head to Lambert's Cafe, home of the throwed rolls, in Ozark, Mo and then pull it on it and go pick up my babies! Yes, the hardest part has been boarding my babies, but this trial run will be good for the BIG trip hopefully soon. (No there is no new news on that yet. The update comes out on Thursday, so I will have to update you then) .



Well, tata! I will be posting way more details of our time together over the weekend with pictures. I wonder how much money I can spend tomorrow when I have to ask Dwayne for some
cash! hmmmmmm!



{Zoey Claire and her new playmate from the vet. Zoey to Allie" MY shadow is better than your shadow!}





{ My handsome boy enjoying some freedom from the leash in a fenced play yard at the vet's!}







{Oscar says"this is NOT my grass!" Zoey:" Hey, who does this chick thinks she is? I am the cute one!"}



We'll be home soon, babies! I promise!

10 comments:

hagerty said...

Hi my friend,

I am so glad you guys got away.
Shop for me too.

Love Jan

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you are having such a great time :)

Lisa said...

Great dog photography! LOL......
The reason they wouldn't go on the grass was that it was still early and still had a dewy freshness to it. Royalty does NOT like to get it's feet wet!
Have a great day ..... eat doughnuts for me. I can't have them anymore ( diabetic). :(

Lisa

Kelly said...

Glad you are having so much fun. You guys needed this trip!

Kathryn said...

So glad you are having a great time. Just what you needed! Can't wait to hear the details.

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear you're having so much fun! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Anonymous said...

i'm happy 'cause you're happy!!! xoxoxoxo, jan (JTM phoebe)

Tammy said...

Good to hear you are having a blast! :-)
-Tammy

Karen said...

Mel,

Enjoy the rest of your trip...sounds like you both are having a blast...good for y'all!!!

When did you all get to Branson?? I'm asking b/c we just got back from Branson ourselves. We left our house headed to Branson last Thursday night and came back home on Sunday evening. We went to Silver Dollar City for both days and then went to Lamberts in Sikeston, MO on Sunday. SO YES I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT HWY 76!!!! By our last day, we finally found the back roads! AND THOSE HILLS...I was sore for two days afterwards!!!

Have a safe trip home!!

Miss ya!

Beth said...

Glad you're having so much fun. John and I took a big vacation before bringing Katie home and it was the same for us... great "medicine" and a great time for the two of us. Have fun shopping!