Saturday, July 26, 2008

Beyond 725 days.....

I will go before you and make the rough places smooth... Isaiah 45:2

725 days of trust and hope, a heart full of wonderful friends, and faith that God will lead us to our daughter. I could sit here and dwell on everything that has not turned out for us, or feelings of despair, but I will choose to remain on the road and follow where God is leading us. I won't say that I have not had my "I don't understand why we are going through this" stage, but I know that everything is not for us to understand, only trust. My heart is still hurting for all my dear Vietnam family buddies that are along the same journey as we are, but I am so excited and encouraged to hear that many of you are moving on to find a positive outlet for your dream to become parents. We just all have to stick together and encourage each other to do what is right for each of us. We may not go down the same road together, but I will ALWAYS love each and every one of you. This journey has brought me joy to find the ones who will forever be dear to my heart and have blessed my life beyond measure. I have been truly amazed at the outpouring of encouragement and concern from people all over who finally introduced themselves to us. We are ready to pursue another adoption avenue and I am currently trying to obtain the preliminary information to get the process rolling. I am going to be using WORDPRESS to protect some of my posts, so you will need to leave me a comment with your blog, name and email if you want to be able to access these posts. Those of you to whom I email on a regular basis will receive the password from me. I will not discontinue this blog, but when it is necessary, I will link you to wordpress and the protected post. I am just going to be a little more private about the new process and want to know who is reading.

The past few days have been spent in reflection on where we started in this journey, how long we have waited to be turned down another road, and earnest petitions have been sent up to God to bring us to our daughter that we so desperately wait for. I know that God has our future already fashioned out, but it is so hard to sometimes let go and let Him be in control. I know He is going before us and smoothing out the path for us so that when He is ready, our steps will be swift and steady. Please, Lord, show us the way to our daughter. She is all I have been dreaming of for so long. We trust You wholeheartedly and know that You have the most precious sweet baby waiting for us. Thank you for our journey, and should be need to go a thousand more steps, we trust You and will follow. Amen

22 comments:

Stacy said...

Hi Melanie,
Still praying for you and Miss Kaylee. Your faith never ceases to amaze me and you are such an inspiration to all of us who are reading. I will continue to pray for you and Kaylee. Thank you for sharing your faith and journey to all of us who also dream of adopting and becoming a mama. It is such a blessing. Could I please be added to the new wordpress blog. Thanks and Blessings to you.
Stacy Waldera
stacyngrace@gmail.com
http://ordinarydayslw.blogspot.com/
P.S. I will still be doing the pay it forward post I just haven't gotten to it yet. Also, THANK YOU so very much for the gifts you sent. You don't know how much it touched my heart or meant to me. The special little ladybug and verse cards sit on my cupboard and I look at it everyday and it makes me smile. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for blessing others the way you do.

Ann said...

HI Melanie, please add me to your new list, and I would like your password. Thanks, PS. have you read my latest blog post?? :), good things will happen for you, I just know this! As soon as you give up the control, it all works out. good luck my blooging buddy!
waiting4afamily.blogspot.com

Karen Wall said...

I would like to continue following your blog. I am a fellow CHI family from VN. kaw7rf@yahoo.com

Major Mom said...

HI Melanie
I am happy that you are continuing on your journey...God is already there waiting. Please add me to your list

http://laundrylittleboysandlattes.blogspot.com/

dubya222000@yahoo.com

Jessica and Eddie said...

Hey Mel
I would like to follow along with your journey. You continue to be in my prayers.

jessica.maynard1973@yahoo.com

Kelli said...

Once again I have the opportunity to say what a wonderful person you are. You faith is so inspirational to me. I am still praying for you and for precious Kaylee. I can't wait to continue following your journey.

kakornas at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

I would also love to keep following your journey to Kaylee!

Susan
dishmans3@aol.com
www.dishmanadoption.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

You know I want to continue reading, but you already have my email address. Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I would love to follow along.

http://thebenshow.wordpress.com/
e-mail: jimmystewartlives@gmail.com

Still praying for you. I also put a little something in the mail to you yesterday so be on the lookout...

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog for the last 6 months. We also had an adoption fall through 2 years ago. We were heartbroken. But God saw us through it. We applied to another program and last year brought home our beautiful girl. we couldn't imagine our life without Ava now. was it hard ,you bet but now we are on the other side of that time and completely blessed.
Lisa

grimmfour said...

Melanie,
I have spent the past few days thinking and praying for you but not really knowing what to say because I have felt many of the same feelings as my past months blogs will tell. I know it is times like this it is hard to "lean not on your own understanding" but believe that God has a plan. You never know what he's up to, we were once told No for the China program by CHI and now have pre-approval from China to adopt a waiting child through another agency.I would be honored to be included in your new journey to see what our Awesome God has planned and celebrate with you the day your dream comes true. My blog is www.roadtoabigail.blogspot.com and my email is grimmfour@hotmail.com
Hugs,
Lori Grimm

Anonymous said...

Hi:
I don't comment much but I like to follow others families to there journey to Vietnam,it's like going back again to my own Journey to my Sarah. I just want to tell you: Don't loose your faith, Belive! God made things posible, there still time your #9, you'll see, keep the faith will be praying for you.
Dimari & Sarah Thi from Ninh Binh.

Kathryn said...

I would love to follow along. We are switching to CHI's Ethiopia program, but have to wait until we renew our 171-H. So we can get our free renewal.

www.journeytoourchild.blogspot.com
an80slady6886 at sbcglobal dot com

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I would like to stay in touch.
Regina Norvell
norvellre@bellsouth.net

Lisa said...

Melanie,

We have followed your story ever since you gave me the blog addy so many months ago. We wish you the very best in your new direction and would love to continue to pray with you for your little one. No matter how an adoption happens, there are those moments when it is the hardest "labor" known. Just keep on keeping on and it will come in His time!

Lisa
Bindisu@gmail.com
www.mississippimonkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

me, me, me too!!! count me in!

anxious to know/hear more.... thanks for being my favorite blog.

smurfs@ccrtc.com
www.journeytome.com 'phoebe'

xoxoxoxo, jan

Anonymous said...

Melanie,
You have truly been an inspiration to many of us. I think of you every day. I am so glad you are continuing on your journey. Please keep me up to date and I will also let you know of any developments on my end as well.

Melissa

Natasha said...

I would love to be able to continue to follow your journey to Kaylee. I happened upon your blog awhile ago from an acquaintance's and I have found myself checking in on you almost weekly. My blog is www.ezraandfinley.blogspot.com and my email is natashab80@hotmail.com. I hope to read the good news very soon.

Tammy said...

Melanie,

I first came upon your blog on the journey to me, when I was setting up mine for our travel to China for our son Connor early this year. I have been following along checking in every few days, keeping you and your DH in my prayers. While we were on different journies, mine in China and yours in VN, I still felt a connection with you and you are never far from my thoughts. I would love to continue to follow along on your new journey and will be rejoicing with you when you finally have your sweet Kaylee in your arms.

Sincerely,
Tammy
www.2china4connor.blogspot.com

Sara said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while now and hoping for the best for you in your adoption journey. I would love to read the Wordpress posts -- my e-mail is sarabrookline@yahoo.com and my blog is http://lucyelise.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Sara

Tracy said...

Hi Melanie!
I have been following your blog for several months now. I am on the same journey as you, but not for as long as you. You have been an inspiration to me. I would love to continue to follow your journey and pray and rejoice with when you finally hold Kaylee in your arms.

Tracy
senior4him@frontiernet.net
seniorfamilynews.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Melanie:
I would love to be able to follow along with you on your next journey. I have always found your posts to be so positive and uplifting when I was down in the dumps. God Bless,
Erin
vollmer@abmfederal.com