Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Definite Roller Coaster Ride


You know, in my perception this adoption journey is very much like a roller coaster ride. There are days of definite highs and days of definite lows. There are days that I think about all the good things to come and definitely how far we have come on this ride. And then there are days that I tend to dwell on how far we have to go and sad in what is seeming like forever to meet our little girl. It is great therapy for me to share in the lives of other Vietnam and Chinese beauties that have been united with their families. These babies are the most beautiful things I have ever seen. To see their smiles, their pigtails, or their latest antics, this is good for me. I hope someday soon, our little Kaylee will do the same to future PAPs on the road to adoption. I was reading through my JTM journal and I want to share another of my favorite entries. It was written on one of those definite low days when I felt like nothing was happening. What I need to realize is God is working to bring Kaylee home and when the most perfect child for us has been chosen by Him for us, it will finally be our day.


Original post date on JTM 8/20/07-Truly I Have Spoken

"Truly I have spoken, truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it. I will surely do it. Isaiah 46:11. How wise is our Sovereign Lord. In the midst of doubt He will speak to you. In this time of waiting I wonder is God hearing my prayer. I get on my knees and plead with the Almighty Father to reveal to us the daughter He has for us.


And then, He speaks to me, plain and simple, firm and true.

"Melanie, I have planned this adoption journey. I have spoken to your hearts and lead you in this direction. I will bring it to pass, with faith from you that I can. I promise you that I will grant you the desires of your heart. I love you and Dwayne. I knew Kaylee before I formed her in the womb and you have prayed for this child and I will surely do it. Do not be anxious in this time. Pray for Kaylee without ceasing. I will raise the valleys and lower the mountains for you when it is time. Believe in Me to take care of you. I alone stretched out the heavens, my own hand formed the earth, surely I will take care of you. I teach you what is best for you and I direct you in the way you should go. Fix your eyes on me and I will give you refuge. I will protect your heart. I will give you the strength to endure what is before you. You have asked and you shall receive."


Thank you Lord, for the blessing of this adoption. You know the exact precise moment in which our daughter will be revealed to us. You are the giver of life. Thank you for loving us with all our imperfections and for forgiving us when we fail you. As you have placed each star in the sky and given each one a name, so shall you place Kaylee in our arms and give her a forever family. You breathe life into every living being and every living being has a planned destiny by Your divine appointing. I know that you will give us our Kaylee, I do trust You to bring her to us, because I know you provide for the smallest living creature- Why would I doubt that you will provide for us. Thank you for your graciousness. You are my Savior. You are my King. You have blessed me beyond measure and I know Kaylee will be the most beautiful prize at the end of the journey. Although I often wonder why we wait, it is Your plan for us to wait. You are all-knowing and faith in You will lead us down the road to our Kaylee. Please touch her heart wherever she is and let her know that she is not an orphan, for she is our chosen child. Your blessings overflow my life. You are glorious and marvelous. Amen

2 comments:

Jessica and Eddie said...

Hi, I love the new look of your blog. I do hope soon you get the call. I have faith that our wait will be worth it. We just have to continue to be patient and trust that God will do the rest. Maybe this week we will get some referrals.

Brad and Shana said...

My family is in the midst of the wait too. We have been Logged In to China for 13 months....but we've been "in process" for over 2 years. Sometimes, the wait is so agonizing and excrutiating that I actually feel it. Thank you so much for the verse on this post, it will most likely become my new prayer, as I pray for our little one to come home.....unless God intervenes we will be waiting another year (at least).

We use Childrens Hope as well, although I haven't registered my blogs with them yet. You can find them at:

thefarmeralmanac.blogspot.com

malaganssong.blogspot.com (adoption)

Thank you again for the encouragement!

-Shana