Thursday, March 13, 2008

What was I saying about those valleys?

My heart is heavy today. No new referrals, again. I simply cannot believe that God would lead us down this road, and be so close , and then leave us in the wind. That is NOT my God. I know that Vietnam is the only option for us, and without this adoption I may never be a mommy. My head is swimming with what ifs, my mind is telling me to be patient and trust God, my heart is already in love with this little baby. All of you in the Vietnam program are aware of the concerns right now and we have to just pray that God will work a miracle for our babies to come home. My heart really goes out to all the families that are waiting to do their dossiers. The road is going to be long. My road has been long. We started this process 25 months ago, and now have been on the waiting list for 19 months. But I do hold on the words of a new friend that told me she waited 30 months for her sweet daughter, and had she not waited that exact amount of days, she would not know her precious daughter.

There are 7 families though, that will be traveling to pick up their treasures next week. I simply rejoice with them that their dreams are being realized. Please say a prayer for all the waiting families to have strength and courage through this time.

Oh, God, You are the Most High. You hold every star in place. I know that You are holding the hearts of all the adoptive families in Your hand tonight. Please bring us peace, Lord, that our beautiful blessings are waiting for us, You have just chosen to slow down things right now. I know that You are in control, but, Lord, we are all weak and we need strength to endure this trying time. Please, Lord, show us Your mercy. Keep our babies safe and healthy until they are revealed to us. Thank you for Your mercies and Your grace. We love you. Amen

4 comments:

Jessica and Eddie said...

Do you know what number you are on the list? We just need to keep praying and continue to trust God. He will take care of us-We have to keep our faith.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sweet words on my post--your words brightened my day as well!

I'm praying for you and Kaylee. I know the Lord has a plan for you and your family. I pray that the plan is revealed soon and that nothing will stand in your way of becoming Kaylee's mom.

Anonymous said...

Melanie, you are so sweet and kind-hearted to always be thinking of other families while you are hurting. A friend sent this scripture to me this morning, knowing I need comfort and assurance: "He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or even imagine." (Ephesians 3:20) I pray that you'll be comforted and assured, too. -Gina

The Byrd's Nest said...

I continue to pray for all of these families.....He is in control and He has the most perfect child chosen for you.