Thursday, March 20, 2008

Finally... A Breath of Fresh Air!

I sat outside this morning and prayed audibly to God, usually it is silent prayer. I asked Him to please show us mercy and hope in this very uncertain time. The sun was beaming on my face and as I felt the warmth it was as if God Himself reached down and held my face in His hands. In that moment I prayed for peace to come over me; that we would know that we would be able to adopt our daughter, the one thing I have waited all my life for. I told God that I understand that He is in control and to forgive me when I doubt His honorable intentions. I asked for comfort and a blessing or two for the next waiting families on the list to receive their referrals and things to progress, even if it was just little by little, here and there. Not much, just something to let me know that He is hearing the prayers of His children that are waiting on Him to light our path and show us that we are still on the right one. I thanked Him for my wonderful husband and for the blessings He has bestowed upon us and I told Him that I trusted Him to grant the desires of my heart.

Then I went on about my day, nothing special, not even really expecting an update that usually comes out on Thursdays. Just routinely did I decide to see what was going on in the email. And I have to say, when I saw "Vietnam Weekly Update" I was expecting no exceptional news. As this had beeen the trend for the last month. Nothing new or encouraging.
First our email from our coordinator started out with reminding us of what a truly wonderful weekend this was to be when we honor the One who died for us so many years ago to give us everlasting life. And then a very encouraging comforting message from the Vietnam director in which she stated that her prayer and belief in God is what gets her through difficult times.. that God has a bigger plan for us.. it is in His timing that everything will happen. And I love these words:"Please do not give up hope on your dreams for becoming parents or receiving this child that is meant for you." And then, guess what, there was one referral. And they are expecting an few more referral around the first of April! This is wonderful news!

My God is great and He often takes our faith and stretches it to the very limit He wants it to go. We are going to make it to our Kaylee. He hears our prayers. He WANTS to hear our prayers. No matter when, no matter what. Thank you, Lord for hearing my prayer. In You I will trust.
Hold my daughter's hand until it is time for us to meet. You are a God of wonders. You are the creator of life. You are the creator of families. I know the exact perfect child is waiting for us, now we have to wait on You.

6 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love it when God answers our prayers right away, truly shows He loves us and cares for us.

When we were waiting for Emma the only photos we had of her were sad faces showing no expression. I prayed one afternoon that if He wasn't ready to send her to us yet to please let me see her smile. I went to my computer and there was an e-mail from our agency with our sweet Emma Jane grinning from ear to ear. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Jessica and Eddie said...

I was so happy to see that we did get a referral yesterday. That is great news.

Beth said...

That is GREAT news!! I'm so happy to hear of some progress. :)

Kelly said...

What great news to get! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Sherri said...

Thank you so much for sharing. It is so hard to remember His timing is perfect. Especially during adoption. We'll be praying for you. Happy Easter.

Tammy said...

Thankyou for that post!I really needed to read that. What a wonderful reminder of God's PERFECT timeing and how He answers prayers. It is so easy to forget that while we "hurry up and wait" in our adoption process.

-Tammy