Monday, March 17, 2008

In times like these

I have mixed emotions with this post today. Our agency does a fabulous job keeping us informed of all key matters in this Vietnam process. I have hope that we will get our referral, but probably later than I expected. There is just alot of issues the US and Vietnam have to work out. I am holding on the promises that God has made me through His Word. He wants to provide homes for His orphans and He wants to grant the desires of our hearts. I just don't believe my God would bring us this far, this many months of waiting and countless hours of crying for my baby girl for it not to come to pass. He is a just God and He takes care of His children. I know there are a lot of families close to referral as are we, and there are a lot of families for whom the road is going to be very long and I know that once I see my child's face, it will be a dream come true.

My prayer tonight is that God will give us peace in these trying times. There is so much we don't know that we have to trust Him to know what is best for us. He is the Almighty.

Dear Father above. You know where our minds and hearts are tonight with all this uncertainty. You know that there are a lot of first time mommies and daddies that already love these little babies from Vietnam that we don't even know yet. You are in control, Lord. We trust you with all our hearts. Please give us hope for a future with our children. We love them so much already. You are a God of wonders and You are holy and just. We praise you with all our hearts. We have been called to bring these little orphans home, please send peace to our hearts in this present time. We are your children. Thank you for loving us. Amen.

1 comment:

R&H said...

Hope...
It's one of the greatest gifts we've been given it carries no price tag but it's value is priceless. We cling to it when the future looks uncertain, we praise it when things turn out better than we could ever imagine. It's the cornerstone upon which ordinary people have accomplished extraordinary things.

Hope endures......



Keep your faith and hope alive, even on your hardest days.