Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Hopeful Future

Wow, in my blog browsing, things seem to be happening in the world of Vietnam adoptions. There have been travel approvals issued and referrals made. JCICS has made an official launch to their Vietnam campaign. You can read it here. There are specific instructions to be carried out on June 2, so please put an effort forth to allow Vietnam adoptions to continue our we could be looking at a two year delay! Please follow ALL instructions as laid out. You do not have to be an adoptive parent to participate. If you are willing to participate on Kaylee's behalf, please do so.

Somehow my heart is full of a hope for a future with my daughter. I truly believe she awaits us in Vietnam. I know that she will be for us what God wants her to be. I know she will be this truly amazing little girl, more amazing than I have imagined. She will somehow be the one thing my life has been missing but in the same instant my heart will lack nothing because of her. In her eyes I will see innocence and trust, reflection and gratitude. I will lift her up to God everyday and allow Him to have the glory for her existence. I will be humbled on my knees in thankfullness for the most amazing awesome gift one could ever receive. When you are faced with not being able to bear biological children, you learn in a very short while that becoming a parent is privilege. So many times, I see young parents that just take having children for granted and I want to stop them and say, "You need to thank God the Father for allowing you to be the parent of this child. There are many of us that do not have the luxury of being able to bear our own. Just thank Him, and treat child like it is the most precious thing you could ever have."

All around me are young mothers, soft tiny babies, and stories of child/parent relationships.My heart breaks so many times at wanting to be a mother. I so want to experience the joy that comes from being a parent, nuturing a child, and growing her toward Christ. My heart is at peace with this journey, I am trusting God to take all this dreaming and wishing and turn it in to reality and circumstance. I am SO ready to be a parent. I as SO ready to share my life with such an incredible little girl. Maybe, just maybe, our time will be soon.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Kaylee is waiting for you. I pray for her daily. I will definitely be making my phone calls and sending my emails!

Robin said...

I won't stop following your journey till I can see your princess in your arms. Prays are going your way.

Robin Martin
Kailee's luckiest mommy
in Iowa

Anonymous said...

i like you. i can't wait for you to be a mommy. it is awesome. you will love it and be very good at it, i can just tell.

xoxo, jan (JTM - phoebe)