Thursday, May 29, 2008

I wonder

I wonder if this child that we don't even know yet know how much she is already loved.
I wonder if this child knows how many people are rooting for her to make her appearance.
I wonder if this child knows she has a family.
I wonder if I will be a good mommy.
I wonder if we will get our referral soon.
I wonder why we are having to wait so long.
I wonder what I will be doing when we finally get "the call".
I wonder what our baby will look like.
I wonder what she is doing right now.
I wonder what my daughter will do the first time she sees me.
I wonder whay I will do the first time I hold my daughter.
I wonder what it feels like to be somebody's mom.
I wonder when my friends Gina and Lauren will finally be able to hold their children.
I wonder if God hears ALL my prayers.
I wonder how God picks out each little child for each family.
I wonder when Vietnam adoptions will get back on track.
I wonder if all my adoptive friends know how special they are to me.

Just a few things I have been wondering about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you, girl! I have so many "wonders" of my own. I trust that you will soon know what Kaylee looks like.

Anonymous said...

I wonder a lot, too, Melanie. I wonder if God is waiting for me do something or learn something. I wonder what my boys think when their friends leave and never come back. I wonder if they wish the mommies and daddies who visit were coming for them. I wonder if they remember our faces from the photo albums we sent them. If so, I wonder if they are comforted or if they think we're not coming. I wonder if they're hungry or satisfied, sick or well, asleep or awake, crying or laughing. I wonder if we'll meet them in July, August, or some unthinkable month further in the distance. I wonder when I won't have to wonder anymore. And I hope you won't have to wonder much longer either. ~Gina

Ann said...

Hummmm, what will you being doing when the call comes??? I bet you will be in the kitchen, making something wonderful, and everything will be a mess, but you won't care because you will be soooo happy, and the mess will just sit there for days as you phone everyone you know, update your blog and drive to everyones home with the few sweet photos you will recieve!