Monday, May 12, 2008

My heart has been touched in so many ways

It has truly humbled me to know how many people are thinking about us and praying for us. I am sure there are some I still don't know about, if you are not one to leave comments, I don't know who you are. This has really touched my heart more than anyone would ever be able to know. I received an email from another Vietmom that said in part "That it's not Vietnam that will bring our child, and it's not America, these countries are only used BY Him to bring our daughters to us." She also reminded me that the scriptures state that if you seek Him, you will find Him, when you search for Him with all your heart. Well, I promise you, that I have been searching for answers will all my heart, soul, and mind. God continues to grant me peace on this Vietnam journey. Every night I sleep with Kaylee's pink elephant and hold it close to my heart as if I was holding her. There seems to be more rays of sunshine than clouds of doubt for the time being. I ultimately believe in my heart that God wants to grant mercy to Kaylee, moreover granting mercy to us. He is compassionate and loving and will show her that she has a family waiting for her.

He hears her prayer.

"Dear God in Heaven,
I know you have just created me not too long ago and as I lay in this cradle I long for a mommy and daddy. I know that you have a mommy and daddy for me. Please, God, let my mommy and daddy come for me. Please let them know that I am okay, but I dream of the day that I will have a mommy and a daddy. I know that they will love me so much. Until then, Lord, keep me safe and warm. I will wait for them, Lord, because I know you have already picked them out for me.
Jesus I know that you love me. I will trust you , Lord, for as long as it takes to bring my mommy and daddy to me. Amen"

God continues to show me that we are on the right journey. Tonight a very dear friend arrived at Bunco with a bag full of "Things that make me smile"(found in a previous post in March). Thank you, Kathy, I really needed to be reminded of the little things in life that bring such simple joy, like Dove chocolate and Dr. Pepper, instead of being consumed with all the big things in life that sometimes bring heartache before the joy. You have been a very dear friend to me.

I am also looking forward to tomorrow, for I am going to meet another Vietnamese darling, Gracie! I can't wait. She is such a cutie. I will be sure to report our days adventures with her and her mommy, Sheri.

And by the way, JCICS is delaying their announcement pending the outcome of a meeting this week, so as soon as I know what the plan of action is, I will be sure to let you all know. We definitely need all willing participants on board. So, stay tuned. I will be anxious to see who will be willing to help us out and letting the powers that be know how much we all want these little orphans to come home to a better life. That is what it is about anyway, the welfare of these children, not the differences between the two governements. Let's pray that they will reach a resolution SOON so that we all can breathe just a little bit!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Melanie,
I have been following your blog ever since you gave me the link so long ago. We have kept y'all in our prayers ever since the word came out about the deadlines. Being an adoptive mom myself, I know how badly you want this to all come to pass quickly. We will continue to pray for you and all the other waiting families in hopes that the babies you wait for will be home soon.

Dr.Lisa, PHC