Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Open Eyes, Open Heart

If everything always went the way I planned it, my eyes would never be open to see the result of being faithful to God and trusting Him. Often times I get comfortable when things are going my way, taking everything for granted and then all of a sudden God shakes things up and says"Do you remember Me? The One who made you who you are, the One who has brought you to this very place today? Why do you not call me anymore? Don't you need Me? I miss my time with you." Then He takes me to this place of utter desperation and I reach out to Him with outstretched arms and I say "Yes, I remember You. You have made me and You have brought me to this very place where I will ask You for strength and faith. I need You, Lord. I love you and I miss you. Please take me heartache and turn it into joy. You are my Saviour, You are my God." Then I wipe my tears and thank Him for all He has done for me and all He has yet to do.

1 comment:

Living to Love said...

all He has yet to do....that is right. That is where my post on joyful expectancy came from today! The hope in all HE has YET to do! Praying for you this morning!

Thanks for your encouragement!