Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My heart is full of Grace



Isn't she a beauty? I had the awesome privilege of spending the day with this little cutie! I have been following her mommy's blog and recently found out that she and her mommy don't live very far from me. So we met for lunch in Jackson, TN today to officially meet. Let me tell you, this little girl overwhelmed my heart.




I am told this is a typical Gracie face. I LOVE IT! Can you imagine what she is thinking to herself? Probably, "Who is this strange lady who is taking pictures of me?" Is she adorable or what? But after a couple of hours, we were fast friends. She was sharing kisses and talking up a storm, however, we never did manage to get her to smile today.





This is pure sweetness. As I was holding Gracie, my heart felt something it has been longing to feel, or just a glimpse of it anyway. I just kept looking into these deep dark eyes and thanking God that THIS child found her forever family. As I held her, somehow my heart found hope for holding my Kaylee. I was in an awesome place in my mind and heart with her. Thank you, Sherri and Nanny for sharing Grace with me today. You don't know how much good it did my heart to hold this little beauty and share kisses with her. What a doll.


Me, Grace, and Sherri, her mom


Starting to share kisses with me!



Love this profile!



Would you please quit telling me how cute I am?


Okay, I'll play peek-a-pie with you.


What a beautiful day. My heart has been filled with a new found friendship, awesome joy, and sweet Grace. Thank you, Lord, for bringing this sweet family into my life. To hold this little girl is more than my heart could hope for right now. If anything, You have showed me that dreams do come true and through Grace You have given peace to my heart until the day I meet my sweet Kaylee. Please, Lord, keep this child close to Your heart. She is simply the most precious thing I have ever seen. Thank you for sending her to a wonderful family. Please bring Kaylee home so that she and Gracie can be buddies.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Isn't Gracie the best?! We LOVE that girl and her momma so much. Grace is Lucy's first friend and roommate from the orphanage. They have a truly special bond. I am jealous that you got to love on her! I need a Grace fix too. Glad you had a great time together.

Sherri said...

It was so great to meet you today! Let's do this again soon. Maybe we'll get a nice, sunny Spring day. Thanks for coming ot meet us.

Kelli said...

Aww- I love Gracie! She is such a cutie. Glad you had such a good time!

Robin said...

I am one of the silent readers but today I decided to break out of my shell.
First things first Grace is a sweetie that is for sure.
I have been following your journey for months and it saddens me that you have been waiting for so long.
I guess I have stayed with your journey and will continue till you bring your daughter home.
I adopted a daughter from China 3 years ago at almost 15 months and I also named her Kailee. I spell. it different but I love that name I knew the day I started the process I was going to name her Kailee. I hung on to her name like it was our life line.
We also ran into a few problems while adopting. Some of our paper work was missed place (in China)and I thought I was going to have to start all over. That 2 months was pure hell let me tell you. I kept saying god has a very special little princess for me and I have to wait. My heart was torn apart but when we were found and put back into the pile time couldn't go fast enough for me.
I would go to the Story to you blogs and look at all the beautiful little girls that were already matched with their forever families. I would look and think will my Kailee look like that or that?
When the day I saw her picture I thought this is my daughter my forever daughter. I pray that you get your referral very soon and your heart can mend like mine. I will be following you blog and praying for you guys that anyday your dream comes true.
If you would like to look at my blog you sure can. I just started one and I am really new at this stuff. I am involved in a shower over the net and we were asked to talk about our gotcha day.
martinclan7.blogspot.com

Best wishes,
Robin Martin
Kailee's lucky mommy
in iowa

Natasha said...

I read your post often and pray that your daughter finds you soon. What an amazing family she has waiting for her! Godspeed.

Susan said...

Hi. I found your blog through my friend, Sherri. She and I were catching up last night, and she was telling me how sweet you are and much she enjoyed meeting you. I'm so sorry for your terribly long wait. I've added you to my prayer list -- praying that you'll receive your referral of sweet Kaylee soon. Perhaps next time we head west to visit Sherri and Gracie (isn't she such a doll?!) Petunia and I will be able to meet you, too.