Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Together our experiences make us strong

We go through what we go through to help others go through what we went through.

I often find myself wondering why we are having all the trials that seem to be before us in this journey. I have always been a particulary strong person, not physically, but emotinally. I think adoption is so much more than achieveing motherhood. Lately I have found myself more concerned for the other families for which I have come to know and love through this blog. I pray each day that God give them the strength they need to endure what ever lies before them in their stage of this journey. I am praying for those waiting for approvals, like Gina and Lauren, to be strong at heart and know that their children are going to home soon. I pray for my friends that are right in line with us that we all get our referrals real soon. And I pray mostly for those beloved friends of mine,like Carra and Laurie ,that they will also be strong-hearted to stay the course and wait for the children that they are meant to be with. I thank God for giving me the strength to hold on until we get our referral for Kaylee. When she is born in to my heart, then I will be changed to a mother. Something I have waited my whole life for. I try so hard to use this blog as an outlet to uplift those who are also on this journey. There is no possible way on earth that this journey was meant for anyone to go at alone. We all know and understand the heartaches that come before the joys. We all know how hard it is to wait for the one thing that you just have to wait for because there is nothing else to do but wait.

In 663 days, I have grown closer to God in trust and faith because there was something huge in my life that was out of my control. In 663 days, I have fallen in love with this amazing little girl that I can't even put a face to yet, but trust that she is out there somewhere waiting for me. In 663 days, I have learned to put everything at the feet of God and know that He will give me the desire of my heart, He will not leave me or forsake me. In 663 days, I have discovered more things that I want to share with my daughter that I may not have otherwise known. In 663 days, I have come to know the most wonderful friends, all of which would never have been in my life without the waiting. (You know who you are!) In 663 days, I have learned that there are so many of you who are hoping for Kaylee's referral as much or more that we are! In 663 days, I have learned that nothing on this journey is set in stone and you have to be able to roll with punches and take everything as it comes, the bad with the good.

Only God knows how much more time we will have to wait. The waiting is within His purpose. I hope our very near future holds a sweet little girl. I am thankful to God for allowing us to go through what we are going through so that we will be able to help others who will go through what we went through, and are still going through.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie, you are such a wonderful person and a blessing to my life. Your compassion for others is a trait that will serve you well as Kaylees' mom. I think about you and pray for you everyday. I don't think I am as strong as you, I really admire you. Keep strong, I know that Kaylee will find you soon. And I know what you mean...this journey has taught me so much and has made me a better person for it. There is a reason for it all.

Sherri said...

You are such a strong person. Your faith is such a blessing to me. When God brings you together with Kaylee all the pain of waiting will vanish. It will be replaced with love for your itty bitty girl.

Kelli said...

I have said it before, but can't say it enough- you are such an inspiration and are uplifting. It is a blessing that I found your blog! I can't wait for the day that we can all meet Kaylee and leave comments for her, telling her what a special Mommy she has.

Anonymous said...

No doubt about it, God has us on this path together so we can lift each other up in prayer and encourage each other. God is good to let us see His awesome answers to our prayers (the Van Rooyens and the Broxes most recently) so our hope is fortified. Thanks for all the work you do on your end for my family and we'll keep on praying til Kaylee comes home, too!