Saturday, May 17, 2008

I don't know whether to be happy or sad

I have been surfing all the blogs here and there and it seems that several families have received their referrals in the past two or three weeks from other agencies. So, I am sitting here wondering when we will get our referral. Don't get me wrong, I am SOOOO happy for these families. It's just that I am feeling a little "woe-is-me" because our timeframe has been so much longer. I know, I understand that it is because they are with other agencies. It is great that Vietnam is releasing referrals to the US after all the events of the past couple of weeks. So in this I should be thankful. Maybe the referrals will come our agency's way soon. Oh well, I was just having a happy-sad-happy-sad moment looking at all these beautiful babies' faces and wondering where my Kaylee is. Thanks for listening. I feel better now. I am going to fix myself an ice cold Dr. Pepper and eat some more of those Dove chocolates I just found! Oh, and I better keep the Kleenex box and nose spray near by. Now, where did I put that survival kit???

3 comments:

Amanda said...

she is so worth the wait!

Kelli said...

I know what you mean about the "woe is me". I know I am close, but when the families whose dossiers went over with mine and got matched (and I didn't), I was so bummed. You have waited so much longer than me so I can't even imagine how you are feeling. But Amanda is right- she is so worth the wait!

Kathy Irwin said...

Hello Melanie -- so glad you found our blog. I hope your wait is over soon!! Keep the faith!
Kathy
kathyirwin.blogspot.com