Sunday, May 11, 2008

Where two or more are gathered in My name, says the Lord



My life was touched today by the hand of God. In our church service this morning our pastor asked all the mothers to stand. As I sat and watched all the mothers, my eyes welled with tears. I secretly wished that I had been able to stand up today and remembered this same feeling last year and then knew that last year was going to be my last year awaiting motherhood. Well, while my mind was entertaining my heartaches, the pastor's words caught my attention. He said" There is one lady here today that we know has been waiting to be a momma for a very long time. And she tells me that we are now under a deadline to receive a referral before the program goes into an indefinite wait. Melanie and Dwayne want this child so badly. Melanie, come down front." Oh my goodness, I thought to myself, I don't want to stand in front of all these people and seem like some needy person that only a miracle of God can fix. Why is he doing this to me? I mean, nobody needs to be bothered with our worries. I try to be so humble with these types of things and not bring attention to myself. But God obviously decided it was time to bring some folks together to pray for this baby. So, I proceeded to go down front as asked and then he asked if any ladies would like to come and stand down front with me as he prayed to God for our Kaylee. My heart was overwhelmed as every lady as far as I could tell came down front with me. Oh my goodness, I did not realize how many people loved us. I was surrounded by some of the most Godly women I have ever know. I was honored to have them stand with me. The pastor led the most beautiful simple prayer of hope. In that moment of loving hearts and arms surrounding me, I felt blessed peace. My tears were flowing already from an empty heart on another childless Mother's Day. I suddenly realized that God brought this support system to me on a day that I needed it most. My heart was so touched by the display of love that all these ladies showed me. He prayed for God to show us direction and to provide this child to us before the deadline if it was in His plan to do so. He asked for my heart to have peace and comfort. I left feeling refreshed today.

It really meant alot to me for God to show me that we are not going through this journey together. I have people praying for us that I didn't even know. God is good and my faith was renewed today. I don't know for how long, but sometimes God takes us to such a low place, that the only way up is to look for Him. He showed me hope today. Thank you, God, for refreshing my hope.

Our agency is expecting some referrals soon. I will be so happy for the families that get to realize their hopes and dreams. God, please bless these families. God, please keep Kaylee in you arms until it is time for us to meet her. For it will be that day that I will finally become a mother.

12 comments:

grimmfour said...

I have never left a comment on a a blog but I have to after reading your expierence yesterday. I was on the CHI waiting List(119) from Vietnam and found your blog in March through desperation and tears. Since then you don't the times I have prayed for you. i thought/ prayed for you on mOther's day before I even read your blog.I You are one of the most faithful people and God did surround you with his mercy and love yesterday.I can't wait for the day I click on your blog and you have received the news your heart has longed for, yearned for. You have touched many hearts you are not even aware of. You have given me faith and hope,when I had lost mine. God bless you and give you strength until the day you can hold kaylee in your arms.

The Byrd's Nest said...

So thankful for the people who are around you and give you the support you need. I pray for you daily.

Kathryn said...

That is beautiful what the pastor did and said for you. I pray also for the day that I see a referral for your Kaylee posted on this blog.

Kelly said...

Wow. That made me cry this morning. I am sure it felt so good to know how many people love you and are praying for you. There are so many of us all over the place! I am glad that God spoke to you today and pray that a steady stream of referrals start coming in.

Jessica and Eddie said...

Hey Mel
That had to be a great and humbling experience. I know yesterday was a hard day and It's amazing how God gave you support. He knew your need and gave it to you. I am praying for you and I do hope and pray that you do get some good news soon. I didn’t want to go back to Church last night, I just wasn’t feeling well. I am so glad that I did. I felt like last night's sermon was meant for us. Eddie and I looked at each other and I knew he was thinking the same thing that I was. He was talking about how God works in mysterious ways. God's plan for our families will hopefully be revealed soon. I am so happy for all the support and prayer that you were given yesterday. Im praying for you and our little ones.

Love ya
Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie!
I'm trying so hard not to cry at my desk after reading this! Wow! What a wonderful feeling to have that many people and prayers surrounding you. Church was a little hard for me too. I'm not as close as you are to a referral, but it was hard nonetheless. Our preacher not only recognized the mothers, but those with a mothering heart. That really meant alot. I keep praying for you everyday that Kaylee will reveal herself to you soon. These are very difficult times but your posts always lift my spirits. Thank you! God Bless!

The Ben Show said...

Oh wow, typing through tears. You are already a mom. You are just waiting to meet your child!

Hiking Mama said...

What a wonderful experience. God always reminds us that He is here, doesn't he? We will get through this, God will lead us through this time. Not too far from now we will be holding our children and remembering how God worked in us and through us during our journeys. God Bless.

Ann said...

This surely will be a mothers day that goes down in history for you..I bet you can wait for the day to show your baby off to all the wonderful church friends!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I'm choking back tears for Kaylee and all of the children who still need to come home to their mothers and for the awesome way God showed His love for you through your church family. Kaylee is going to love hearing that story as she grows up! ~Gina

Casey and Carra said...

Oh Mel, that was so awsome. I am so glad that you had that wonderful experience. I love you girl and I can't wait for our children (sisters)meet. CS

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a beautiful story! I got goosebumps reading it!
Allison